Incorporating a local company involves the following steps:
- Complete the prescribed application form (application for a Permit to Form an Incorporated Company) available from the VFSC, along with the following supporting documents:
– Memorandum and Articles of Association
– List of persons consented to be first directors
– Consent to act as director (one for each person consenting to act as a director)
- Submit the completed application, along with copies of passport identification pages for all foreign citizens identified as shareholders and/or directors of the company, and the required incorporation fee to the VFSC.
- Receive the Certification of Incorporation, and then obtain a company seal.
Once a complete application has been submitted to the VFSC, it takes between 3 and 5 working days for a Certificate of Incorporation to be issued.
The fee to incorporate a company is based on its authorized share capital. The fee ranges from a minimum of VT 30,000 (authorized share capital of VT 35 million or less) to a maximum of VT 250,000 (authorized share capital of VT 300 million). A complete listing of fees can be found at the VFSC website. The same fee is paid annually.
For further information, download our fact sheet on the right or visit the Financial Services Commission website