FOREIGN INVESTMENT APPROVAL CERTIFICATE (FIAC)
Obtaining a FIAC is the first step in doing business in Vanuatu. By talking with us first, we will ensure that your business is viable and fits within Vanuatu’s investment guidelines.
Without a valid FIAC, foreign investors will not get passed other regulatory agencies. Any investor found operating a business in Vanuatu without complying with the regulatory requirements is considered an ‘offence’ and will face penalty charges.
Processing of new FIAC takes 15 working days or shorter provided that all necessary supporting documents are included with your application form. Variation and Renewal processing time is 2-3 days.
Completed foriegn investment application forms must ensure the supporting documents listed below are included :
- Fully completed application form and statutory declaration
- Photo-copy of business name reservation
- Photo-copy(s) of passport ID pages for each investor
- Photo-copy of police clearance(s) for each investor intending to reside in Vanuatu
- Business summary – Including a plan for training Ni-Vanuatu workers and a complete cash flow/profitability projection for three years
A more detailed description about processing a foreign investment application certificate is provided here
OUR APPLICATION FORMS
VIPA has 3 application forms:
- Form 1: Application for a VIPA Certificate of approval by an investor for a New Investment
- Form 2: Application for a Variation of a VIPA approval Certificate
- Form 3: Application to Renew a VIPA approval Certificate
Investors are requested to pay careful attention to the minimum requirements or checklist contained in each of the 3 application forms.
A comprehensive Investors Manual has been developed to assist investors in completing their application forms. It provides step-by-step instructions and highlighting key areas where attention is most needed by investors. The document can be downloaded here.
Completed application forms can be send to VIPA by post or soft copies via email firstname.lastname@example.org. Payments of application fees can be made both in cash and bank transfer. Mrs Anna can assist you with all your queries regards processing of your application forms.
DOWNLOAD OUR APPLICATION FORMS
|APPLICATION FORM TYPES||ENGLISH||FRENCH|
|NEW INVESTMENT APPLICATION FORM|
|VARIATION APPLICATION FORM|
|RENEWAL APPLICATION FORM|